Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banshee problem

+5
bansheefreak
mudryder_68
Administrator
Grizzly Rick
Ruizracing
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Banshee problem Empty Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

I need to find a person or place that will work on my banshee. It is acting up and not sure what the prblem is. Most shops wont work on it since it is a 98. After a few months of it being on craigslist now I have people wanting to buy it and I don't want to sell a bike that has probelms. I know for sure it needs new seals. but other then that i don't know. So if anybody could help me I would appreciate it. I'm looking for somebody or place that don't over price labor. I had a guy work on it before, but i didn't like his workmanship and he didn't know much about banshees even though he was a mechanic at liberty cycle. thanks Nick R.

2Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

What do you mean by acting up, cutting out on top end, won't idle, hard to start, need more information, which seals are you talking about, crank seals ? Would love to help if I can.

3Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

well in neutral it revs fine but once in gear it dosent rev out it sounds kinda boggy.It seems not to have high rpm power band I also im haveing a lot of grease come out around rear carrier. it also needs to be tuned properly which it seems i can't do right. i mean a good look at the whole engine by someone who knows their stuff would be good.

4Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

If anyone knows Banshee's I would say Rick and Top1banshee Mike could take care of ya

5Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Sounds like nothing major, give me a call tomorrowing evening, and we'll work something out. My cell number is in the Member Phone List.

6Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

ok thanks rick

7Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

i like to go to Mcbrides Yamaha up in St joe. i have never had them do any work but they have always been able to get parts for my older things. I have heard that they are good just a little slow about getting the work done.

8Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:28 pm

bansheefreak

if your choke tube is on and your slides are not backwards sounds like you got reed problems or problem with tors has them been removed?.

9Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

I was wondering if it might be my reeds I havent got a chance to check them out. If so I have a extra pair. I just want to have this bike be ready so I can either sell it. So I can get me another atv for the club meeting in april or just have this one running good so I can take it to meeting. thanks for the help guys i appreciate it.

10Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

It starts up ok a couple kicks, but doesn't want to idle for long on it's own.

11Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

Well went to take the reeds off and they were perfect but look what I found Banshee problem 101_0310

12Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 pm

bryan

bryan

Ouch@

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

13Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

wow

14Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Yea ,Nick thats some pretty good marks. Might want to put the top end off and see whats happening. Yell if you need a hand.

15Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

my guess is wrist pins and bearings wore out causing some play in there which caused the piston to slap. If you are lucky the cylinder wall is not all jacked up but I wouldn't bet on it, most of the time when the piston is gouged that bad it will definitely tear up the wall. I would do a top end rebuild and have it bored out a bit, keep it or sell it right after the rebuild, be sure to keep your receipts though so you can prove you replaced the Pistons, Rings, Clips, Wrist Pins, Bearings and gasket kit.

We have plenty of members here to help you fix it so dont flip out, depending on what parts you need you can get a top end kit for 80 bucks and up and a complete kit for 150 and up, then you have plenty of buddies here that will help you out.

16Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 pm

top1banshee

top1banshee

wow That doesnt look good at all ,what does the intake holes look like on the top? are they scored like that to or is it just the bottom that almost looks like you may have something stuck in your lower cylinder housing or in your crank case i would do what rick said and pull the top end off ,you could of broke a ring or as Geoff said lost a C clip .I wouldn't run it no more for sure until you see whats going on

Last edited by Administrator on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:29 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed your spelling for ya Mike :-)

17Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:15 pm

bansheefreak

sorry to see the damage i was gonna say if it wasnt reeds it was a top end but was hoping for reeds.. need any banshee parts let me know i might have it might not.. i wonder why it has so much scoring right there at the intakes normally it on the sides.. one's i have seen anyways...anyways glad i save you a few bucks paying a mech to tell you that the top end is bad..

18Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

Ruizracing wrote:I need to find a person or place that will work on my banshee. It is acting up and not sure what the problem is. Most shops wont work on it since it is a 98. After a few months of it being on craigslist now I have people wanting to buy it and I don't want to sell a bike that has problems. I know for sure it needs new seals. but other then that i don't know. So if anybody could help me I would appreciate it. I'm looking for somebody or place that don't over price labor. I had a guy work on it before, but i didn't like his workmanship and he didn't know much about banshees even though he was a mechanic at liberty cycle. thanks Nick R.
i seen the rest of the post and know that it has some major problems but when selling something i never have bad feelings as long as i'm honest to the buyer and let him know everything that i know is wrong. that way there's no hard feelings. like the rest of the guys said a top end isn't bad. and it will help to keep the price up when it is running when you sell it.

Last edited by Administrator on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed spelling :-)

19Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

it looks like something might have went in the intake

20Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

Yeah i figured when i looked at it was going to need a new top end. I guess while I'm at it I will replace all gaskets and maybe even change the domes to so can run on pump gas, but i don't know if i want to lose the 110 race fuel power though lol.

21Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

yeah i don't understand why it looks like that on that side i've seen typical wear on both sides but that is awful. luckily it happened before i sold it who ever bought it wouldn't be thinking i ripped them off because I'm not that type of person. I hopefully will have it ready for the next buyer or at least ready for the ride at perry

22Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

my problem is finding a good place to find kits. also what size pistons I need cause my cousin couldn't remember what he bored it out to. He said it was .40 or .50 over and I haven't looked at it yet to see, but it will prolly need a bore job. I just hope it aint a mess inside when I it get a toren apart. Thanks to everyone for the help. hopefully it wont be out of commisson to long. I might get the non riding blues, because I have two bikes now that don't run right when the weather gets nice, but thats the way it goes. maybe when I get it running it will be even faster oh ya! maybe I can get it it to hit 120mph lol

23Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:20 am

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

Find out what size you need and ill see what i can get you a set for..

24Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:56 am

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

ok thanks

25Banshee problem Empty Re: Banshee problem Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Yea, that sucks Nick, hope you get it back together soon, like you said, the weather gotta turn one of these days. If you want to check around for parts or service, I've had good luck with The Dirt Shack out of St. Joe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum