You are not connected. Please login or register

quad not running good

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1quad not running good Empty quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:49 am

Ok i started the quad up today and went to ride it but once i hit half throttle it cuts out and stutters. Its like that in every gear do you think i need to clean my carb or maybe i have water in the gas?

View user profile

2quad not running good Empty Re: quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:02 am

When was the last time you rode it? What was the last thing you did before you put it away?

View user profile

3quad not running good Empty Re: quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:16 am

The carb need's cleaning is my guess. I would pay special attention to the pilot jet and the ventury tube or the emaultion tube what ever you want to call it.

View user profile

4quad not running good Empty Re: quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:22 am

Start with a spark plug it's cheap then look into the pilot and main being gummed up

View user profile http://www.jacotow.com

5quad not running good Empty Re: quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 am

bryan

bryan
Uh Um,
I think that there was a hill and some mud involved if memory serves me correctly!!!.....

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

6quad not running good Empty Re: quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:03 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Definitely a carb issue, change out the gas and clean the carb, may be pilot jet but I would aim for the main jet.

most of the time if its pilot jet it will be idle, if it had to have the choke to run I would suspect the pilot but upper end would probably be pilot

View user profile

7quad not running good Empty Re: quad not running good on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:05 pm

lol bryan yea it had a hill and mud involved. Ok thanks everyone for the help ill keep ya posted.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum