Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deep water

+10
masterblaster81
kamp
BikeJunkie
bigred720
Suzuki Rider
mudryder_68
yfz750
SkeetSkeetZ400
bryan
honda_guy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Deep water Empty Deep water Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:42 pm

honda_guy

honda_guy

Deep water is verry..... muddy when it rainsnorth ofit thats were most of the water goes. out of all about the 10-12 times it has been verry muddy only once has i seen it dry. but i like it verry much. Deep water 656118

http://www.myspace.com/1easyflo

2Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:55 pm

bryan

bryan

Yeap, I have rode Deepwater probably 25 times and it can be muddy.....okay, it is muddy most of the time....LOL

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

3Deep water Empty deep Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 pm

SkeetSkeetZ400

SkeetSkeetZ400

I cant stand deepwater rolled my quad up there and it hasnt been right since

4Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:59 pm

I rolled mine there too. It through me down a hill and then it hit me. Broke 3 ribs and my left thumb. Try riding back to the truck like that. Lol I have been back though and would go again. Its still a good time.

5Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:53 pm

yfz750

yfz750

Every time I go to deepwater I cus all of the people that own 4x4 quads with big tires. I'm old enough to remember the times when we didn't have big huge tired 4x4 quads. Sure there was still mud holes but you were not worried if it was going to swallow your entire quad or not. You just hit it with the front end light and went thru it. If you try that now you end up with your quad barried and you face first in the mud.
Ohhh well good times that are long gone. Guess I will have to buy me one of the 4x4 sometime soon so I can dig holes like everyone else.

6Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

im also a member of midmissourimudslingers which is the club that has been caring for the park. they have recieced a grant from core of engineers to maintane the park. to hounor the grant they had to acomplish certan things. after that then the park cannot be close for the next 25 years garanteed. later this summer or maybe even this fall they are planning to work on the deeper holes. upkeep takes time just be pationt. just ask the ones that have been riding there for years. the parking lot has been regraveld, bondrey fences installed vault toilets. hopefully things keep inproveing.

7Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:53 am

Suzuki Rider

Suzuki Rider

I've also rolled my quad at deep water sounds like it not a very safe place. I had the entire quad fall onto my back it wasnt fun.

8Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:06 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

i went to deep water today. it hasnt rained much lately and most of the realy big holes still had some mud in them but i was able to go just about anywhere there. down on the south end there wasnt many trails but what was there did seem to have two track ruts that made it difficult to ride when i was on a bike. the south end is fairly new and needs some work on trail maintanance. there is lots of space for new trails to be cut. on the north end the trail that runs along the fence still has lots of mud in the deep ruts. i was able to get threw on my bike but my brother in law had to go around do to hi-centering with his 4x4 quad.

9Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:28 am

bryan

bryan

Thanks for the update.

We are going to try it on Saturday (09/19/09).....

10Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:17 pm

bigred720

bigred720

I think Deepwater is one of the best places in the are to ride. But to each there one my riding is different then others.
[img]Deep water 7210[/img]
[img]Deep water 9210[/img][img]Deep water 9810[/img]

11Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:34 pm

bryan

bryan

That is awesome....looks like the old county round that runs north and south down by the new fence on the boat ramp side of the riding area.......not that I've ever ridden there either though....LOL

12Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:38 pm

BikeJunkie

BikeJunkie

Nice pics bigred! Here's a couple I took from my only trip to Deepwater.

Deep water Deepwa10

Deep water Deepwa11

Told you guys I could ride a quad. lol
Deep water Deepwa12

13Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 am

bryan

bryan

Those are some awesome pics guys......Deepwater can be a lot of fun!

14Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:22 am

kamp

kamp

Looks like you guys were having some fun. I need to find time to get back down that way soon!

15Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 pm

masterblaster81

masterblaster81

bikejunkie wrote:Nice pics bigred! Here's a couple I took from my only trip to Deepwater.

Deep water Deepwa10

Deep water Deepwa11

Told you guys I could ride a quad. lol
Deep water Deepwa12

Hey when you got stuck in that hole did you have a red arctic cat pull you out? If so that was me and a couple of my buddies, lol. If not looks like a mess anyway you shake it.

http://www.mccalesmetal.com

16Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 pm

BikeJunkie

BikeJunkie

That's my buddy stuck in the mud in the top picture. I was there on my KX 125 bike,and I rode his KFX for a while. There were 2 guys that helped us get it out. I think it was a Polaris that pulled him out. (sport quad). It took over an hour to free it. Broken grab bar on the back of it.

17Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:04 pm

masterblaster81

masterblaster81

lol, i was there... we may not have helped you out but i remember passing you guys in the woods and seeing a grab bar hanging from handlebars or it could be another coincidence and that wasn't you, but nevertheless, people get stuck, people help people get unstuck, rinse and repeat is the jist of deepwater

http://www.mccalesmetal.com

18Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:32 am

bryan

bryan

Oh yeah, good ole Deepwater.....LOL

19Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:05 pm

matt

matt

hey i went to deepwater on feb. 13 with my honda 350es and big 30" maxxis zillas and managed to get stuck fully and then my av wouldnt shift. $900 later my atv has 2 new clutches and angle sensor. it was fun though.

Last edited by matt on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 pm

kamp

kamp

They don't call it deepwater for nothing. Some of the holes will eat about any wheeler.

21Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Lamps3

Rickey's wife Melissa here.
We went to Deepwater last Sunday. Did ya'll mention it was muddy Wink?? LOL, it was great, though. Not so bad as we thought, most of the puddles were ride-able, even the big ones. The bottoms aren't too ate up, like they get later in the year, the ground is still pretty firm under the water. Rickey did find one really good hole that sunk him sideways almost. He also kept high-centering on his Raptor on the south side by the fishing lake. I think our son got stuck once, too. We have some pics our friend took, have to figure out how to post them here. Nice to do the dragstrip without the dust. Water was up some, couldn't get everywhere around the lake shore, but we don't try to go into Truman Lake itself either, don't want to get in trouble there. Some may have been able to. Everything got good and muddy, some of it still is. Still have pebbles in my washer, but they are clean pebbles.
No stucks for my quad, but my Grizzly 660 decided not to go into gear without some serious fights, and kept getting worse, and since it's the one with the tow rope and winch, I kind of need reverse. Finally gave up and put it back on the trailer, after a good ride and some hot cocoa and sandwiches. Not too many people out there, but ran into 3 guys covered in mud washing quads at the car wash in Clinton. Told them about this site. They are from Peculiar. Hope they show up here sometime!

22Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Mel, sounds like you guys had fun, can't wait to see the pics.

23Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm

bryan

bryan

Definately sounds like a great time!

24Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Lamps3

Okay, can't get more than one pic at a time, but here's one of us unhooking after getting Rickey out of his stuck. That is posted elsewhere, I'll try to get more than one, still learning. (The tutorial was great, though!)
Smiles,
Mel

OH, and we are going to try to get a ride in Sunday, before I have shoulder surgery. See if I can't make the ortho earn his money!
tongue
Deep water Imgp0014

25Deep water Empty Re: Deep water Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Lamps3

more:
Deep water Imgp0015

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum