Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melissa Recuperating

+6
Queen 700
Gsgrisso
top1banshee
Ruizracing
jjodsteer
Lamps3
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Melissa Recuperating Empty Melissa Recuperating Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Lamps3

It is a slow process but Melissa is recovering from her surgery. Did not do too well today, I think her allergies are messing with her today! Hopefully she will get some sleep tonight and feel better tommorrow. Her shoulder gives her pain everyday though that is the only bad thing. They re-attached 3 tendons. One for bicep and 2 for the shoulder. Plus re-attaached shoulder muscle that had been torn for over 30 years ago. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Rickey

2Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

hope for the best for you and your family Rickey

3Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

I hope for a quick recovery and best regards

4Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm

top1banshee

top1banshee

Ricky
my family hopes she gets well soon

i feel her pain I also had shoulder surgery and it sounds like she almost had the same thing
done to her that i did but i have a nylon rotatorcup in place now

5Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 am

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

sorry to hear about the surgery hope it all turns out well...

6Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:06 am

Queen 700

Queen 700

HOPE SHE GETS BETTER SOON

7Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 am

bryan

bryan

Hope Mel's recovery goes well.

We are praying for you and your family Rickey!

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

8Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Hope you feel better soon. sunny

9Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Lamps3

New update: Wife was busy today she vacuumed the living room and stairs, loaded and unloaded dishwasher, swept the dining room and kitchen, cleaned kitchen, made supper. Took many pain pills because of being active today. Yesterday she only took some ibuprofen, but she did not do very much. She should sleep good tonight though.

Rickey

10Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 am

bryan

bryan

Wow Rickey,
Hope she didn't over due it today!

Glad to hear she is feeling better though!

11Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Sun May 02, 2010 7:45 am

Lamps3

Latest update on Melissa. Went to the doctor this past Friday and the doctor took another x-ray of her shoulder. They were worried that the anchor holding her muscle to the bone was going to come loose. The x-ray showed all was well that the anchor was staying in place. The doctor wanted to start physical therapy right away, but Melissa is still tender to the touch. So they decided another 2 weeks for the next check-up and will see about physical therapy then. So another 2 weeks and hopefully she will be on the road to recovery. Please keep her in your prayers that the anchor and muscle will heal so that she can have a normal shoulder again!!

Thanks,

Rickey

12Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Thu May 06, 2010 11:51 am

Mel

Awww,
thanks to my husband, and all who have sent good wishes.
shoulder is getting better daily, and I'm getting braver with using it within the boundries of the sling--still babying it though to give that old muscle a chance to tack down. the bones aren't showing signs of building up around the anchors much, so I'm taking lots of calcium and vit. D, too. Guess I should have been all along, doc says I have soft bones. that explains why i haven't broken more, they just dent I guess. Not for lack of trying. I'm just an "old softie" Wink
Good to hear that there are some who have had shoulder surgery and gone back to riding. The doctor is agin' it, of course (can't very well say "sure, go tear through the woods and try not to fall off or flip, you won't get hurt!", can he?). I haven't had normal use of my left shoulder since I was 15 (wrecked on a dirt bike), and it still will never be normal, but I'm hoping to have it stable enough to put off any more surgery for a verrrry long time-- it's a sucky way to burn all of your vacation time, and next time I won't get paid to recover. We were going to go to Texas and ride all over this summer. But I'll be riding the sissy trails for a while, or babysitting at the campsite for ya'll while you ride. I don't mind, really. I like kids and dogs.
Be safe out there, and watch out for my boys!
Smiles,
Mel

13Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Mon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm

bryan

bryan

Glad to hear that you are doing better Mel!

14Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Mon May 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

I'm glad all is well. pretty soon you'll be going from sissy trails to the extreme lol.

15Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Sat May 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Lamps3

Melissa got seen by her doctor yesterday. Her re-attached muscle has stayed put, Very Happy hurray for us! She is now allowed to drive her car around without her sling. So if you are coming to Deepwater look for a purple convertible Pt Cruiser, she is on the loose, the one armed bandit. pirat

Rickey

16Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Sun May 16, 2010 6:11 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

yay, glad to hear that Rickey and Melissa

17Melissa Recuperating Empty Re: Melissa Recuperating Sun May 16, 2010 6:38 am

bryan

bryan

That is great new Rickey!

Hope to meet you soon Mel.