Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

banshee question....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1banshee question.... Empty banshee question.... Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:28 pm

jkirschner0484

jkirschner0484

i have a question that i am not sure if anyone will know hte answer to. my banshee has been shooting coolant of of the overflow tube that connects to the cooant resivior. i had to replace the water pump gear, seal and bearing so i shouldn't be having any problems with the coolant. YEA RIGHT! today i got a new oring set for the cool head. started it up and it was still shooting out. my neighbor came up to talk and he had an idea. he told me that i had to be gettin exhaust in the coolant to be building up pressure. so i pulled the lft fatty pipe off and it was FULL of coolant. so i started it up with the pipe off and it was still shooting out of the tube and then when i killed it, coolant started pouring out of the exhaust hole on the cylinder. any idea's? i don't know what i could have done to the cylinder to mess it up.....

2banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

Sounds to me like you have a crack in either your cly head or the cool head. If i remeber right you said the orginal heads were ported right? If so the domes could have been milled out to far and leaking or blowing your O-rings since you have new heads. Some people mill the domes to fit after they bore them to out to far to clear the piston, wouldn't recommend it but some people do it. One other place to look is are these new cly heads ported? If they are i have seen heads where people grind out to much in the lower intake ports and end up hitting the water jackets. Basically you have a hole or a crack somewhere in the top end, hope that helps...

3banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

I been thinking about this.... I know you say that you put new O-rings in it but it is possible that one of the brown ones or the top plate O-ring fell out, i use just a little bit of bearing grease to hold mine in for the install...

4banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:30 pm

jkirschner0484

jkirschner0484

i can take the coolhead back apart. i put some oil on them to keep them in place but they still fell out alot. i can take it back apart. but would a o-ring make that much coolant flow?

5banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

Yes it would

6banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 pm

jkirschner0484

jkirschner0484

oky, i will try tomorrow....

7banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:59 am

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

Hopefully it is just a smashed O-ring, good luck....

8banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:01 am

jkirschner0484

jkirschner0484

welp that is what is was.....thanks mr. scott

9banshee question.... Empty Re: banshee question.... Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

Good to hear it was a easy fix...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum