Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie

+7
mightymouse
seadog37
Jeremy Morris
Grizzly Rick
don shope
bryan
Brandon (LTR450)
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Brandon (LTR450)

Brandon (LTR450)

Brooke and I have some friends that have a daughter who was born with a heart defect called hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Doctors said she would not live past 5 years of age. She is now 10 and slowly getting worse due to heart failure. Her Mom posted a question on FB and asked her friends a question. She was going to pay off some bills (lots of medical bills) with their tax return but Makenzie has mentioned she wants to see Mexico. She even mentioned just Makenzie and one of the parents going to save money. Some of her Mom's friends rallied together and are setting up some fundraisers so we (KC community) can help them with visiting Mexico as a family.

The breakfast is at Applebee's in Liberty on 3/29 from 8am-10pm. Think of it as just buying some pancakes but to the family it will mean so much more.

Unfortunately I will not be able to go since we have already purchased hotel and tickets to St. Louis that weekend.

I know we haven't really done this before but just thought I would throw it out there. Makenzies parents are amazing people and do anything they can for others.

Here is a post from FB today: Makenzie wants to go to Mexico because in her words: "she wants to tell all her friends that she got to go on an airplane and got to go to another country because none of her friends have been there, they just go to places like Florida and stuff. she wants to go try new food and make sand castles on the beach everyday with Colton and Allie and then go swimming and then take a nap if she is tired" She is constantly looking at the pictures from our trip and saying she can't wait until they get to go. She wants to fly on an airplane because she doesn't remember what its like. We have gone over several ideas with her but she wants Mexico and because there is a good chance this may be the last family vacation she will feel good enough to go on or get with us, I want it to be what she wants and I want it as memorable for Allie as well. She is actually on the ipad right now flipping through Mexico pictures. Lol

I will be adding this to MoKan FB page also.

2Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:46 pm

bryan

bryan

I got it on the calendar!

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

3Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 pm

don shope

don shope

Ok mokan lets make this happen. I want to challenge you all raise money for this young lady. Christy and I will personally match all cash donations up to $1000.00 total can we make this happen. Will have details later on how to donate to this great cause

4Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

OK guys and gal looks like we have been challenged by Don, this is a great opportunity for us to help out this little girl, and show everyone what Mokan stands for. Lets pull together and make this happen. I am going to the bank tomorrow to get an account set up for this, so your donations will go straight to the bank, as soon as I get it set up I will post the information where to send your donations. Thanks in advance,  Very Happy 

Rick

5Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Count me in for pancakes too, yum yum!  Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie 656118

6Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Brandon (LTR450)

Brandon (LTR450)

Don - Huge thanks to you and Christy for your generosity! Now, like Rick said lets show everyone what MoKan is all about. This could be the start of a great year for Mokan!

7Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Ok, no luck at Commerce Bank trying to get an account set up, I'm am going to Bank of America tomorrow and talk with them. If anyone has any experience in this area please let me know, thanks.

8Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:23 pm

don shope

don shope

I have none wish I could be of more help.

9Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 am

Jeremy Morris

Jeremy Morris

Could there just be a Paypal account set up for it vs a bank account?

10Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:47 am

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

I think that might be my next option

11Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:32 pm

seadog37

seadog37

Lets make a difference.

12Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 pm

mightymouse

mightymouse

I talked to the girls at the bank I work at and they said the have set up thoughts accounts we would need an EIN number for the club. If we don't have one we would need to register with the IRS as a not for profit.

13Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:08 pm

bryan

bryan

I believe I saw somewhere on FB today that they have already set up a link to donate.

Brandon, can you confirm?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

14Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Brandon (LTR450)

Brandon (LTR450)

They did set up a link. Talked to Rick this evening and he is going to post the details on here.

15Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

OK members, not having much luck trying to set something up at a bank unless we pay this fee and that fee. This is what I'm prepossessing, it would be nice to collect the money as a club and present it to them at the pancake breakfast on March 29 at Applebee's in Liberty MO. For those of you that are comfortable with it, you can send a check to me, Rick Willis. I will collect the funds and the matching funds from Don, so we can give one check. Just PM me and I will send you my address. Let me know if you want your name and donation posted on the forum, with the amount. If you would rather donate straight to them I posted the link below. Make sure to mention Mokan in your donation. They are also looking for volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up. I am volunteering to help that morning. For those of you going, try to wear your Mokan shirts.  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Here is the link to volunteer to help at the pancake breakfast

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Donation total to date:  Very Happy 

$400.00   Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie 656118

Last edited by Grizzly Rick on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:18 am

zracer16

zracer16

I would like to donate $100, but it doesn't look like I will be able to make it to the breakfast.

Rick, I believe I live fairly close to you if you wanted to come by sometime and pick it up or I can drop it off at your place or meet somewhere. Its up to you. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to have another meet and greet somewhere?

Mike

19Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:44 am

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

zracer16 wrote:I would like to donate $100, but it doesn't look like I will be able to make it to the breakfast.

Rick, I believe I live fairly close to you if you wanted to come by sometime and pick it up or I can drop it off at your place or meet somewhere.  Its up to you.  Maybe this would be a good opportunity to have another meet and greet somewhere?

Mike
I could meet at QT in Smithville this evening if your not busy. Just let me know, thanks

20Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Brandon (LTR450)

Brandon (LTR450)

I could meet you there too Rick if you are going to be there. Don't make a special trip for it since I can mail it to ya. But you know how the USPS is................. Haha  lol! lol! lol! 

21Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Grizzly Rick wrote:Donation total to date:  Very Happy 

$400.00   Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie 656118

Smile

22Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Brandon (LTR450)

Brandon (LTR450)

That is awesome. Thanks to everyone for donating. But........don't we really wanna see Don match our $1000's??? Hahaha

23Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm

don shope

don shope

Keep it coming we gotta get there. Come on mokan.

24Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Looks like we four signed up to help Sat. morning at the Pancake breakfast, so far.   sunny

25Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Empty Re: Pancake Breakfast for Makenzie Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:27 pm

curado

curado

Add me Rick. I'm planning to make it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum