Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TUFF ATV CHALLENGE SEPTEMBER 26 BIG SPRINGS KS

+6
Radar
Grizzly Rick
bryan
jjodsteer
seadog37
PK
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PK

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls!

Sunday September 26, 2010 will be a first time TUFF ATV CHALLENGE held in Big Springs KS. This event will take place on 160 acres of undeveloped land on the Shawnee/Douglas county line. The event will be a timed obstacle course including tires, telephone poles, barrels, small jumps and a mud pit. Each participant will have two timed runs taking the faster of the two. There will be only one ATV on the course at a time. Pee-Wee and Youth classes will on a shortened course. There will be prize money (1st $50, 2nd $30, 3rd $20) and trophies for the top three in each 15 years old and over classes and top three trophies and participation trophies for the Pee-Wee and Youth classes. There must be five (5) participants per money paying class in order to pay out the prize money. The course will be user-friendly and every skill level should be able to traverse all obstacles.

There will be an opportunity for four (4) practice runs on Saturday September 25 starting at 12:00 (NO PRACTICE ON SUNDAY) then open trail riding until dark. Primitive camping will be available. The gates will open at 8:00am Sunday September 26. Sign in will start at 8:00am close at 10:00am. The first runs will be from 10:30am to 12:30pm, the second runs will be from 1:00pm to 3:00pm and the trophy presentation will start at 4:00pm. This schedule is tentative and subject to change.

The fees will be $30 for each race entry. The gate fees will be $5.00 for Saturday and $5.00 for Sunday or $8.00 for the weekend. All participants and spectators must sign a waiver. The land owner(s) and Good Times LLC are not responsible for accidents.

Classes and running order:
1. PEE-WEE (ages 6-11 90cc limit) non-money paying
2. YOUTH (ages 12-15 0-200cc two-stroke and 0-350cc four-stroke) non-money paying
3. WOMEN OPEN no cc limit
4. 2x4 0-349cc
5. 2x4 350cc-450cc
6. 2x4 451cc-1000cc
7. 4x4 0-349cc
8. 4x4 350cc-450cc
9. 4x4 451cc-1000cc
10. UTV/SIDExSIDE OPEN no cc limit

There will be a DJ Saturday night and Sunday and vendors and concessions on Sunday.

Directions from Topeka: from Highway 75 and South 45th street go East 9.0 miles to Stubbs road, turn North 1.0 miles to 37th street turn East .7 miles. From Lawrence: take Interstate70 Lecompton exit, go South 1.9 miles to Highway 40, go West 10.3 miles turn left on 1900 road .1 miles, go South on Woodring/E1 road 1.0 mile, turn West .2 miles.

For more info call 913.220.0842 or e-mail: pmk380@sbcglobal.net.

Hope to see all of you ATV enthusiast there for some fun family friendly competition!!!

seadog37

seadog37

Hey Perry This is Greg the guy at Perry with the ripped shirt on monday. I posted and so has a couple others so hopefully you can get some Mokan riders to attend. I have to work or I would be there. Good luck on your event. Greg

PK

Thanks!

If we have a good turn out we would like to make this a regular thing!

You guys deserve more ATV events!

Thanks!

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

I will be coming to this, and I will be bringing my atv, but not sure yet if I am going to do it, I may just watch. Will determine when I get there if I decide to do it or not.

bryan

bryan

Jodie,
I wouldn't mind putting this date on my calendar and possibly just plan on camping out....What do you think?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

PK

Good morning,

Thanks for your interest!

I really need as many people to show up to this thing as possible. I have convinced the land owner that there needs to be more ATV events in the area and that ATV owners want more fun organized things to do. (This is for ATVs only, no dirt bikes in the competition. There was an Forward Motion Hare Scramble this spring with over 200 racers and there will be another one next spring along with a 3 hr. Team Hare Scramble.)

This event is on Sunday Sept. 26, there will be no practice on Sunday...there will be open practice on Saturday Sept. 25 and OPEN TRAIL RIDING ON 160 ACRES. Gate fees are $5 Sat., $5 Sun. or $8 weekend.

I want to say again the obstacles are not hard, the course will not be hard, the tires are only 28" tall and along with the telephone poles all have dirt (ramps) piled in front of them to make the transition smooth. It's not set up to be super hard, it's set up to be do-able and fun. It's how fast you can go over the obsticals compared to your competition.

Thanks again for your interest!!! See you in Sept.

Let me know what questions you have.

Perry Keegan
913-220-0842

PK

Please send me your e-mail address and I will forward you the flier.......

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Dont know if I can swing this one would to try it and or watch, going to try and make it if possible.

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

I just may camp out myself, Pleanty of room in my enclosed I have 2 xxl cots, or u can sleep on the floor even

bryan

bryan

Perry,
Thanks for the update!

Is there a fee associated with the camping or is it just part of the gate fee?

Sounds like fun filled competition for "Quads Only"........

Would you allow dirt bikes to ride the trails if we were to come out on Saturday, pay the gate fee for both days, camp out Saturday night and stay to watch the quads run on Sunday?

Also, is the gate fee per vehicle or per person?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get as much information for everybody on here as possible.

Perhaps you can e-mail the flier to bryanweirich@yahoo.com and it will answer everything!

Thanks In Advance,

Bryan Weirich

PK

The KATVA clubs has already staked out a camp spot and is rumored to be bringing several of their heavy hitters out and are already counting their trophies.

It would be great to see the MOKAN club show up with their banner and see how many trophies you can come away with......

See you this weekend!

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

lol, not sure....but I am thinking we do not have a banner, lol

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

I was going to enter, but to be honest for someone unemployed....$30 is just to steep for me

bryan

bryan

Actually considering taking the bikes to Perry to meet up with a few other peope.....Not for sure yet though!

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

That I am intending on doing......

PK

It's $25 entry for MOKAN members.....

Please help support local ATV events.............they are very few and far between.

Radar

Radar

i just got my flier. My wife manages to intercept all my mail with races and ride fliers. I may come out sounds like fun. I'll have to check with the "event planner" of the house. I'm a mokan and katva guy so maybe that would double my chances. Everybody at katva thinks they are fast. Lol

Bob

Hello everybody....My name is Bob Ives. I am a member of the KATVA. I ride a Rhino. We have several of our members that are going to do the ATV challenge this weekend. I think we are going to have 4-5 campers out for the weekend plus some others that will be coming to ride. Perry has done a lot of work to prepare for this event. There are no just for atv events in this area so we need to support him or he won't do it again. I have seen the course and it is going to be fun. I think anybody will be able to ride it. It just depends on how fast you want to go that will determine the winner. $25 +8 is a fair price for 2 days of riding and competition. There are trails to ride and yesterday he was cutting in a short track and a TT track. They will be grass but you have to start somewhere. Practice and play ride on saturday and compete on sunday. What more can you ask for.

It doesn't look like a lot when you first pull in because they have been dozing brush but it opens up to a big well mowed area. The course sits in the middle. There is a tree line you can camp along and a few trees out in the open that have fire rings with them. It is dry camping. Topeka Powersports is supposed to have some quads and sidexsides on display, a DJ,vendors, and most important for the ladies,porta-johns. All the ingrediates are there, just add people.

I am anxious to meet some of the MO-KAN riders. After all, we share the same interests. I understand there may even be some dual membership people in your club. Maybe we can get a little friendly competition between clubs going. I have been trying to promote the sidexside group to come out because that is what I ride. I am sure there will be enough for a class. I have proclaimed myself as "The Worlds #1 Sidexside Driver [until proven otherwise] and I know of a few people that are coming to take my lunch away.

The weather looks perfect, the facilities are good. Perry needs the riders so lets come out and show him that the ATV crowd appreciates what he is doing.

Bob Ives
Worlds #1 Sidexside Driver [until proven otherwise]

bryan

bryan

Bob, thanks for the heads up.!

Sounds like it should be an overall very great weekend to hold such an event.

However, I do not have a quad or sidexside. Therefore, me and my group will not be atending this event and we are heading out somewhere to ride that will allow bikes!

Bob

Bryan

I understand that having no quad or sidexside makes it a little difficult at an atv event. Perry has a hare scramble in the spring for the bikes. This year he had 200 riders. Keep him in mind for that. Two wheels is all I ever rode until it started hurting to much when I fell. I haven't fallen over near as much since I started riding the sidexside.

Bob Ives
Worlds #1 Sidexside Driver [until proven otherwise]

Radar

Radar

I can't say for sure, but at every other katva event or ride dirtbikes are always more than welcome to ride. I can see where the course and competition would be setup for quads but there's always dirtbikes at the rides and katva's ride area, many of us have both.

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

We were told only ATV's, since alot of us hang with the guys that have dirt bikes, we were alll just going to go to Perry Lake, weather permitting. I really do not go to a new place by myself not knowing anyone, sorry

Bob

Radar & jjodsteer

If this was a KATVA event I would say dirt bikes would be welcome as always. However, this is Perry Keegan's Goodtimes Promotion event. It is his ballgame so we have to play by his rules. He has some valid points for an all atv event that I don't want to get into pro or con.

I have no affiliation with Perry other than I have known him since he was a mini-bike rider. I am just a KATVA member who has 3 goals for this event. #1...to meet and get to know new people who have similar interest as me. #2...to have fun no matter if I win or lose [I usually lose]. #3...to get some sidexsides out for an organized event. I retired from racing for safety reasons [age] but I have said I would come back out if there was something for sidexsides. There now is so here I am.

I am hoping some MO-KAN riders will come out. Bring your machine and watch for a while and then decide if you want to do it. If nothing else come to the red and white Dodge flatbed hooked to the KZ sportsman toy hauler and say hello. I would like to meet you. Especially if you drive a sidexside.

Bob Ives
Worlds #1 sisexside driver [until proven otherwise]

seadog37

seadog37

Gotta work so I'm out went to Perry last sunday though. was really soupy at first but dried up quiet a bit after sun came out. Was good time anyhow.

bryan

bryan

It is fully understandable about an all atv event and I personally have nothing against it, even though I am a bike guy.

I would also agree that events of this nautre are becoming few and far between and that it is important to get out and support them.

I will keep an eye out for the hair scrambler event. Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum