You are not connected. Please login or register

kc metro north

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 kc metro north on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 am

has anyone here ever hit up the trails on 68th and 169 hw its a real nice are with plenty of space for atv dirt bike and trucks.. it has everything from a good rock climb to a mud hole creeks and complex to moderate to easy trails in and out of trees and shallow water ways

View user profile http://facebook/zerohawk86@yahoo.com

2 Re: kc metro north on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

I live up North, and i never heard of any one riding there, my question is "Is it legal " i hate to go riding in a place then have my machine taken away

View user profile

3 Re: kc metro north on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 pm

ive always heard it was cops have been sitting there when i came out atleast 6 times.I come out right next to the bumble bee station and have never been even looked twice...I know its land for fiber optics and the creeks are built for accessability along with a gravel road goin straight to the middle of it.

4 Re: kc metro north on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Hmmmm that may be something to look into Thats also pretty close to me

View user profile

5 Re: kc metro north on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I think I have seen them and definitely thought of going on them.
Can you see them off of 169 going south on the right hand side?

View user profile

6 Re: kc metro north on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 am

bryan

Does anybody have any connections or know of anybody that does at the Bumble Bee perhaps that could make a phone call.....seems how I don't necessarily hang out with those individuals unless absolutely mandatory!....LOL

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

7 Re: kc metro north on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 am

heck i live up north, i do not know what or where this bumble bee is even at (i thought bumble bees sting people) lol

View user profile

8 Re: kc metro north on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:01 am

Lol big yellow police station of off 169 and barry road.

View user profile

9 Re: kc metro north on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 am

bryan

jjodsteer wrote:heck i live up north, i do not know what or where this bumble bee is even at (i thought bumble bees sting people) lol

No Comment!!!!.....LOL

10 Re: kc metro north on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 am

yea! those are them! there is actually an exit out of the trails and you can jump directly onto 169 if youre in a truck. the part you see is part of the rock climb...

11 Re: kc metro north on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 pm

so this is a legal place to ride right

12 Re: kc metro north on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 am

Grizzly Rick

ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
I live close by, have seen a few people riding there. Don't know who owns the land and if anyone has permission or not . So I think its ride at your own risk. I personnally would not ride anywhere I didn't have the land owners blessings, you know what I mean. Just my two cents.

View user profile

13 Re: kc metro north on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 am

bryan

Very well put guys, I couldn't agree more about getting permission face to face!

14 Re: kc metro north on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah I've seen those trails and always wondered who owned it, but I've never rode there. I've paid and put to much into my bike to have it taking away for a couple of hours riding.lol I would ride there cause it is close , but would want to meet the land owner before riding. I always wondered also who owned that land next to 152 a liitle past indiana. where they are putting that new bridge. before they put that in there was alot of riding area there with trails. I never was able to find out who owned that either

View user profile

15 Re: kc metro north on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Ruiz those trails stretch so far I started riding my dirtbike on there years ago. For the most part maple woods and the city own it. It sucks that they have done so much construction those trails were amazing prior to it.

View user profile

16 Re: kc metro north on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:09 pm

so is it legal to ride on them and are the trails still there

17 Re: kc metro north on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 pm

As with all places in KC and surrounding areas you will need the owners consent to make it legal. Now that is tricky since most places are not easily traceable to the owner. So if you do ride there ride a ktm lol so you wont get shot. lol

View user profile

18 Re: kc metro north on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Grizzly Rick

ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Yeah I think he is probably right, ride at your risk.

View user profile

19 Re: kc metro north on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 am

seadog37

Administrator wrote:Yeah we used to ride along the bluffs just outside St Joe because we saw others riding there, we went to trailer the quads after a long fun day of riding and were met by conservation agents and cops at the truck, they threatened to take our bikes and give us HUGE fines for "destroying private and conservation land for months" when we had only ridden there that day lol. We ended up talking our way out of the fines but I dont ride ANYWHERE without getting face to face permission from the owners anymore, to much risk involved of getting fines or even worse GETTING SHOT, you never know what a land owner that is pissed off will do and I dont want to be an example for future trespassers by getting killed lol

Paid a $75 ticket many years ago it was ok to dirt bike then trash dumping happened so they painted it. That was the beginning of posting paint. I never knew what that was till paid ticket. Was a great place to ride though for dirt bikes. Also that was before 4 wheelers. I think I'm showing my age .

View user profile

20 Re: kc metro north on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:29 pm

I heard there are some nice trails in Kearney MO. My boss says he rides there all the time. I just moved to MO. and was wondering if anyone else knows about them?

View user profile http://miketraish@yahoo.com

21 Re: kc metro north on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:12 pm

If you find about the trails in Kearney pleeeeeease let me know. I have lived in Kearney for 4 years and haven't heard about a riding area.

22 Re: kc metro north on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 pm

yeah i live in lawson and never heard of trails around there. That would be awesome though

View user profile

23 Re: kc metro north on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

FYI, it is best to have dated and written permission including the owners name, address and phone number before tresspassing. I found out the hard way when I was "walking" on somebodies land. A conservation agent has the write to ticket, fine and possibly confiscate as his discretion. Get stopped once and it will put the fear of loosing your gear.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum