Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Polish Aluminum

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Polish Aluminum Empty Polish Aluminum Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Hey guys,

I want to put a shine on my nerf bars, front bumper, and maybe some of my engine and I am not really familiar with the best route to get that done

does anyone have any suggestions? I usually use never dull and it works great but I want to see myself in this stuff lol

2Polish Aluminum Empty Re: Polish Aluminum Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:04 pm

LT_RON

LT_RON

Start with 800 grit and work your way down to 2000 wet sand than mothers lot of elbow grease but well worth it just take your time need more help let me know I have done lots of polishing watch tv and sand

3Polish Aluminum Empty Re: Polish Aluminum Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

so I can sand my nerf bars and bumper?

4Polish Aluminum Empty Re: Polish Aluminum Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

LT_RON wrote:Start with 800 grit and work your way down to 2000 wet sand than mothers lot of elbow grease but well worth it just take your time need more help let me know I have done lots of polishing watch tv and sand

Hes on qew here..... But i have seen real good real results with making sure you alwaya try to keep moving in the same direction with your paper, after sanding for awhile stop and hit it with mothers and see what it looks like before you sand for weeks and get the same outcome, just my two cents

5Polish Aluminum Empty Re: Polish Aluminum Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 pm

LT_RON

LT_RON

What he said just dont apply to much pressure other wise you will be sanding scratches out for a while I allso have some of the green and gray pads for sanding I will hit it with the green than the gray after the 800 than I do 1000,1500,wet 2000 and go over it several times with mothers but I do have to warn you it is addicting

6Polish Aluminum Empty Re: Polish Aluminum Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:37 pm

dustin51116

dustin51116

Hey Geoff Before i became a city official i worked at a body shop i have a snap on hand polisher if you havent already tried it, i also have some kick ass compound for aluminum, let me know if you need any help!!!!

7Polish Aluminum Empty Re: Polish Aluminum Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Hey thanks Dustin, I sent you a PM sir

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum