Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

z400 runs for 3 minutes then dies will not restart

+2
bryan
killer454
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

killer454

hello everybody I picked up a 2004 ltz400 over the weekend traded my sportsman 500 for it evenup ran good for test ride.

powerwashed it and bam run for 2 minutes and die would not restart at all,let it set for 5 minutes start rightup no problems.not fixed

after the trade foundout temp bulb was mia so took neutral light bulb and put in temp outlet for light.fixed

later noticed fan not working at all (about this time im thinking wow problems are starting to addup).

foundout the main ground on the battery was broken and not hookedup to the battery fixed that but could not keep it running kept dieing after 1or2 minutes.

took front plastics off and discovered the spark plug hole full of water blew that out and got it dry.put it back together bam runs perfect.

fan works-it stays running

I cant believe water in the plug hole would cause it to die like that!and not restart for 5 minutes of setting.

now I got 2 brute 750s and 1 ltz400 so I can keepup with you guys on sport atvs (look out im ready to ride this thing)

just thought I would share this information
from killer454

bryan

bryan

Sweet!

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Sounds awesome. Glad you got it going.

ArcticKev

ArcticKev

Sweetness! My cat is the same thing- zuk in arctic clothing... They are great for jumping and make most crap landings pretty smooth! You will love it z400 runs for 3 minutes then dies will not restart Imag1011

bruterider83

bruterider83

dielectric grease the plug between the wire and the plug will fix the problem that's what I had to do on my brute so the water don't short it out when I go deep

seadog37

seadog37

Sweet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum