Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need electric start 525 ktm

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need electric start 525 ktm Empty Need electric start 525 ktm Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:48 pm

stoneshado

stoneshado

I know I probably sound like a wussy, but kick starting my bike sucks.

Im not sure if I have a bent kick lever or I just suck kick starting it. Sometimes starting my bike is easy and sometimes its just nearly impossible and I have to push it back. Im a tall guy and this bike is seems so tall that if im not on level ground I cant get it done. Maybe there is some aftermarket replacement lever that will work better, I dunno and havent found one. I would like to install a starter but really have no idea where to start, other than just taking it to a shop and having it done. Freedom gave me a quote of nearly $800 and that seems a bit steep to spend on a 2003 thats not mint. If you have any suggestions its a 2003 KTM 525 sx. Any help would be appriciated.

Need electric start 525 ktm Phone_12

2Need electric start 525 ktm Empty Re: Need electric start 525 ktm Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 am

waj30

waj30

I installed one on mine and its a life saver.I'm a short fat guy so it was a no brainer for me.But that was back in 2004.About $600 back then.But stalling in corners,whoops,off balance situations just hit the switch.Ahhh life is good.Depends how long your gonna keep bike if the add on is worth it.[img]Need electric start 525 ktm 16552010[/img]

3Need electric start 525 ktm Empty Re: Need electric start 525 ktm Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 am

bryan

bryan

Sure do wish they would have made one for my RMZ450R as it was a booger bear to start at times too.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

4Need electric start 525 ktm Empty Re: Need electric start 525 ktm Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 am

curado

curado

Ever ridden a bike with a rekluse? My other favorite creature comfort Smile

5Need electric start 525 ktm Empty Re: Need electric start 525 ktm Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:10 am

bryan

bryan

Mark, I'll never forget our trip to Chadwick whenver you had the rekluse clutch in the KTM....LOL

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

6Need electric start 525 ktm Empty Re: Need electric start 525 ktm Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:17 pm

curado

curado

How it stalled ANYWAY? Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]