Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got a 94 kaw 250 quad have a few questions????

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dish

dish

Its a 94 kawsaki 250 quad is all i know 5 speed maybe reverse could be a mojave i dont really know
my main question is it 2 or 4 stroke?
let me know if you can help

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

do you have any pictures of it?

If it looks like this it would be a Mojave and the 250 Mojave I believe was a four stroke engine.

Got a 94 kaw 250 quad have a few questions???? 3n83p410

dish

dish

Yeah not that nice lol for 200 bucks its an ok looking wheeler
so its a 94 kaw mojave 250 does anyone know anything about them not starting unless u push start it and after it warms up you can kickstart it just fine?
if u need more info let me know

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Probably low compression, I had a dirtbike I rode for years that did the same thing. If you plan to ride it much you might go ahead and rebuild it now to avoid further problems.

dish

dish

its got good compression has spark and is getting gas how do you check the timing on the 250 dohc motor?
anyone know

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

not sure myself

dish

dish

does anyone know what the compression should be?

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

If I remember right it has to be at least 100

I would just limp it along till it gets too cold to ride, then pull the engine off and rebuild it over the winter, the kits on ebay with the jug, gaskets, piston, pins, etc etc etc are 230 bucks which is nottttt bad for a kit with the jug included. That will also allow you to check the frame for cracks or damages, paint it, replace or paint other parts and make any other repairs to have a LIKE NEW quad next spring. I am going to start a project in the next month or so and I will keep you all posted on that :-)

If you need any help rebuilding it im sure we have members that live nearby that would be glad to turn a wrench or drink your beer while giving you advice lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-KSF-250-Mojave-Engine-Motor-Top-Rebuild-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem334ab11d64QQitemZ220296453476QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum