Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

kc metro north

+6
Grizzly Rick
bryan
geteminline
top1banshee
jjodsteer
zerohawk86
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1kc metro north Empty kc metro north Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 am

zerohawk86

has anyone here ever hit up the trails on 68th and 169 hw its a real nice are with plenty of space for atv dirt bike and trucks.. it has everything from a good rock climb to a mud hole creeks and complex to moderate to easy trails in and out of trees and shallow water ways

http://facebook/zerohawk86@yahoo.com

2kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

I live up North, and i never heard of any one riding there, my question is "Is it legal " i hate to go riding in a place then have my machine taken away

3kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 pm

zerohawk86

ive always heard it was cops have been sitting there when i came out atleast 6 times.I come out right next to the bumble bee station and have never been even looked twice...I know its land for fiber optics and the creeks are built for accessability along with a gravel road goin straight to the middle of it.

4kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm

top1banshee

top1banshee

Hmmmm that may be something to look into Thats also pretty close to me

5kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

geteminline

geteminline

I think I have seen them and definitely thought of going on them.
Can you see them off of 169 going south on the right hand side?

6kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 am

bryan

bryan

Does anybody have any connections or know of anybody that does at the Bumble Bee perhaps that could make a phone call.....seems how I don't necessarily hang out with those individuals unless absolutely mandatory!....LOL

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

7kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 am

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

heck i live up north, i do not know what or where this bumble bee is even at (i thought bumble bees sting people) lol

8kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:01 am

geteminline

geteminline

Lol big yellow police station of off 169 and barry road.

9kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 am

bryan

bryan

jjodsteer wrote:heck i live up north, i do not know what or where this bumble bee is even at (i thought bumble bees sting people) lol

No Comment!!!!.....LOL

10kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 am

zerohawk86

yea! those are them! there is actually an exit out of the trails and you can jump directly onto 169 if youre in a truck. the part you see is part of the rock climb...

11kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 pm

so this is a legal place to ride right

12kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 am

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

I live close by, have seen a few people riding there. Don't know who owns the land and if anyone has permission or not . So I think its ride at your own risk. I personnally would not ride anywhere I didn't have the land owners blessings, you know what I mean. Just my two cents.

13kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 am

bryan

bryan

Very well put guys, I couldn't agree more about getting permission face to face!

14kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

Yeah I've seen those trails and always wondered who owned it, but I've never rode there. I've paid and put to much into my bike to have it taking away for a couple of hours riding.lol I would ride there cause it is close , but would want to meet the land owner before riding. I always wondered also who owned that land next to 152 a liitle past indiana. where they are putting that new bridge. before they put that in there was alot of riding area there with trails. I never was able to find out who owned that either

15kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:27 pm

geteminline

geteminline

Ruiz those trails stretch so far I started riding my dirtbike on there years ago. For the most part maple woods and the city own it. It sucks that they have done so much construction those trails were amazing prior to it.

16kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:09 pm

so is it legal to ride on them and are the trails still there

17kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 pm

geteminline

geteminline

As with all places in KC and surrounding areas you will need the owners consent to make it legal. Now that is tricky since most places are not easily traceable to the owner. So if you do ride there ride a ktm lol so you wont get shot. lol

18kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Grizzly Rick

Grizzly Rick
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Yeah I think he is probably right, ride at your risk.

19kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 am

seadog37

seadog37

Administrator wrote:Yeah we used to ride along the bluffs just outside St Joe because we saw others riding there, we went to trailer the quads after a long fun day of riding and were met by conservation agents and cops at the truck, they threatened to take our bikes and give us HUGE fines for "destroying private and conservation land for months" when we had only ridden there that day lol. We ended up talking our way out of the fines but I dont ride ANYWHERE without getting face to face permission from the owners anymore, to much risk involved of getting fines or even worse GETTING SHOT, you never know what a land owner that is pissed off will do and I dont want to be an example for future trespassers by getting killed lol

Paid a $75 ticket many years ago it was ok to dirt bike then trash dumping happened so they painted it. That was the beginning of posting paint. I never knew what that was till paid ticket. Was a great place to ride though for dirt bikes. Also that was before 4 wheelers. I think I'm showing my age .

20kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Mikey Mike

I heard there are some nice trails in Kearney MO. My boss says he rides there all the time. I just moved to MO. and was wondering if anyone else knows about them?

http://miketraish@yahoo.com

21kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:12 pm

If you find about the trails in Kearney pleeeeeease let me know. I have lived in Kearney for 4 years and haven't heard about a riding area.

22kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

yeah i live in lawson and never heard of trails around there. That would be awesome though

23kc metro north Empty Re: kc metro north Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

bigbearbilly

FYI, it is best to have dated and written permission including the owners name, address and phone number before tresspassing. I found out the hard way when I was "walking" on somebodies land. A conservation agent has the write to ticket, fine and possibly confiscate as his discretion. Get stopped once and it will put the fear of loosing your gear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum