You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anybody have any regrets going to four stroke over two stroke?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm still up in the air a little, i haven't probably put about four hours on mine yet, but i'm not for sure if i like it yet, what your thoughts?????

View user profile
No, but soon I will have both kx 450f and a cr 250 cheers cheers cheers

View user profile

Administrator

ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
I totally miss the high revs and wicked powerband but since I dont race then I dont really neeeeeeeeeeeeed those things lol, I like the reliability of four stroke over two. Since my quad ( 400ex ) is air cooled that is even less junk I have to mess with.

View user profile
Less Junk?

Cam
valves
timing chain

compared to some pedals of carbon fiber and some exquisity placed holes in the cylinder!

I still disagree with reliability. Yes you must rebuild 2 strokes more often but the overhauls are sooooooo much cheaper. And for a final thought 23 years ago honda engineered a 250R two stroke that will still compete with the modern state of the art 450. What gives

View user profile

Administrator

ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
No I was saying that my 4 stroke is easier to tool on than a LIQUID COOLED FOUR STROKE. I have had alot of two stroke bikes in my life and I never had any reliability issues but doing rebuilds got a little old

View user profile
I've had lots of 250 2 strokes and had a xr500(what a pig) and after riding my 450x for a couple of years nothing compares to it. I trail ride only and like to take trips to AR and CO.
Having a headlight is great, and the bike has power to spare. Not as flickable as my last 03' cr250 but just as fast in the trails and a blast to ride. Oh yeah, the last one I had licensed too. 35 MPG aint to bad for a wicked dirtbike on the road. Nothong beats a big four stroke in the mountains either, it was hardley effected by the elevation when jetted properly.

View user profile

I haven't ridden to many of them but I do like my 450 better than a two stroke. The power is smoother and the bike only weighs about 15-20 pounds more than the cr250 of the same year.

I ama trails guy i dont like mx tracks or racing. I miss my kx60 made by Kawasaki i liked the power band but not when you are tring to go up a hill. Depending on what you are doing but i thingk 4-strokes are better for trails.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/1easyflo
I went from a 4 poke to a 2 stroke and not looking to go back soon I love the power

View user profile
I Like four strokes waaaaay better than two strokes.

View user profile
I want to trade off my 2 stroke and get a 4 stroke also

View user profile

bryan

I was really considering trying to pick up a 2-stroke until I bought my 05 Suzuki RM-Z450. It is like night and day from my XR200 4-stroke though!

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich
i went from 4 strokes to 2 smokes and i love my 2 strokes but i do like the ktm 4 stroks.

View user profile
Having both is the hot ticket. cheers

View user profile
Both! The 2 strokes are fun because of the way the power hits, but the 4 strokes can be just as fast. I'd much rather trail ride a 4 stroke though.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum