You are not connected. Please login or register

I messed up bad guys...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I messed up bad guys... on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey ya'll I recently had a bad crash last saturday that messed me up pretty bad. I was trying out a motocross track and crashed on a double. I bailed after making the jump and upon the landing the front wheel was way to high to recover so i had to let it go and landed on my tail bone and crushed my L1 disk on my spine, I went straight to the er and went into surgery early the next morning to clear the bone fractures and replace the disk with a metal one.

The downer to all this is that the crash has paralyzed my right leg... I can move my toes but thats about it, doctors say i have good chance to walk again but its gonna take alot of work and time. Im currently at missouri rehabilitaion center in Mt. Vernon, Missouri recovering from the surgery and exercising my legs.

No matter the out come I will still be apart of this club even if it means i have to ride a lawn chair at camp.

View user profile

2 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Grizzly Rick

ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Dang man that really sucks, hate to hear that. Hope for a speedy recovery real soon, but dont push it to hard take your time and get back to a 100%.

View user profile

3 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:35 am

bryan

Dusty, so sorry to hear about your mishap. Our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Please let me know when you are able and feeling up to visitors. If there is anything we can do to help, please just let us know. Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

4 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:16 am

seadog37

Sorry to hear Dusty. Get the swelling out and work the therapy to see the out come. Might be quad time for you. The Grizzly is one of the only ones with front and back independent hand brakes. My right arm had nothing after my wreck but after therapy and time I got my hand and some use of arm back. enough for me to ride. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

View user profile

5 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am

Administrator

ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Dusty so sorry to hear man.

I went through the same back stuff in the last 5 months, I had a thoracic spinal cord injury from a 6ft fall. At first I could walk ok but then I started dragging my left foot and eventually I couldnt really take a step and my leg was just not wanting to work right.

They put me on steroids to get the inflammation down in my spine, then they started physical therapy like crazy, 5 days a week and most days I had two sessions, I had water therapy in a pool and a "stretching therapist" to get the muscles back to normal. They also gave me an electronic muscle stimulator which shocks your muscles so they can contract, basically like working out without moving. I used it a couple times a day on my back and that helped alot.

They will probably have you doing epidural steroids to get the swelling down, it hurts but hopefully it helps you. I have been prescribed neurontin for life, apparently its a seizure med that helps with nerve pain and it stops all the "nerve symptoms" so that my leg doesnt hurt and it works as it should.

You will get through this brother, it has taken me 5 months, it may take you less but it may take you more, work hard on physical therapy and dont give up, I almost did and when I look back I cant believe I was going to quit after working so hard. I kicked my back injuries butt, they were telling me that I could just quit my job and live on disability.........F THAT, you can beat this bro, work hard and think smart, dont give up.

If you need any help around your house or anything else just post it up and hopefully we have a member close to you that can help brother.

Take care of yourself and DONT GIVE UP, you can do this man

View user profile

6 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Am sorry to hear wildman, your young you will pull through this in one piece. Best of luck to you

View user profile

7 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:25 pm

sorry to hear that man. I hope for a complete recovery for you

View user profile

8 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:59 am

bryan

Dusty,
There are a few of us wanting to make the trip down to Mt. Vernon to pay you a visit my friend. I have both days wide open for this upcomming weekend.

If you are up to it, please call me (816) 739-6740 or send me a PM whenever you are feeling up to it.

9 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:36 am

Thanks guys this means alot to me, any visits from you guys would be awesome, how ever I'd feel bad to see you guys take the time and money it would cost for you up state guys to come down here with todays high fuel prices.

I did get a new phone number last january 417-439-4031 call/text anytime

View user profile

10 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

seadog37

Your attitude will decide the outcome. You can say bullshit and overcome or you can decide to quit. Take the bullshit road and overcome. You may not make to where you were but you can improve to a spot that you can live with. I was 18 when my wreck happened. the doc told me to get disability I said bullshit and have never looked back. I adapted, improvised, and overcame. You can too brother.

View user profile

11 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 am

bryan

Dusty, I'll try and call you later on this evening.

Anybody else want to ride along for a road trip this Saturday to visit Dusty....Please shoot me a text or try and call me on my cell phone.

12 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

depends what time your going and coming back bryan, I am needing to get my enclosed over and put stuff in it and take stuff out of it, then re park it, so I might go with ya Mr.

View user profile

13 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:02 am

seadog37

sent you text

View user profile

14 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:34 am

bryan

Didn't get home until late last night and didn't want to take a chance of waking up Dusty. So, I will try him today.

I am planning on departing fairly early on Saturday morning as it is about a 6 hour round trip of drive time.

15 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:00 pm

seadog37

I won't be able to make give him our club support and our numbers for him to talk to if he needs. I have a nerve damaged arm and can really relate to him. make sure he knows that and he can call or text any time

View user profile

16 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:25 am

bryan

We will do Greg.

For anybody that may still be up for the road trip, Bryce and I ware planning on heading out around 7:00 AM on Saturday morning of which should put us down there mid morning on Saturday.

17 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:13 am

bryan

Well, as many of you may already know, Bryce & I drove down to visit Dusty in Mt. Vernon, MO yesterday morning. Bryce drove all the way down through the storms. We arrived at the rehab facility not knowing Dusty's last name and no cell service to call him. Luckily, I had wore my MOKAN shirt as we walked into the front door and there was nobody at the help desk. So, we wondered the first floor until we found a security officer. I explained who we were and that we had drove 3 hours to visit a member of our club and that the only thing that I knew was his name was Dusty or Dustin, that he had a motorcycle wreck two weeks ago, he was in his late teens or early 20's. He looked it up on a list and directed us to his floor. We arrived at the nurses station and asked them for the room number. Needless to say, they all smiled and said oh yeah.....
we walked into Dusty's room to see him upright, a big smile and, honestly in the best of spirits, holding bid head high. He was soon talking about the next motorcycle he was going to get as him and Bryce settled for about 1.5 hrs of XBOX.

It was awesome to see you in such great spirits yesterday Dusty. We are looking forward to you making it back home soon and a speedy recovery. Like I said, you call or text me should you need anything, my friend! We will look forward to that call saying you are ready for us to pick you up and enjoy a weekend at the trailer on Grand Lake.

18 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Dusty,
Hang in there! We all at some point another go through life changing events, and like seadog said, with the right attitude, we have all learned to handle whatever is left after physical therapy. In 97, I had a kid run over me on my streetbike, I was sitting still, and he was running over 50 mph. The good news you are young, and with a little oversight from the man above, everything will turn out alright. Good Luck, and hang tough! : )

View user profile

19 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Sun May 06, 2012 3:33 am

seadog37

glad to hear you are going home

View user profile

20 Re: I messed up bad guys... on Tue May 08, 2012 5:33 am

bryan

Yes, it is great news that you are home Dusty.

I will be heading down to the trailer on June 01, 2012 to drop Bryce off and head back.

Let me know if perhaps you might feel up to a road trip my friend!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum