Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

detonation- great!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1detonation- great!   Empty detonation- great! Sat May 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

well got some bad news when I decided to tear down the warriors engine due to a bad cylinder gasket. when I took off the head I noticed that detonation had took place. it effected the piston and head. is there any way resurface or such to a head or just get a new one? with it tore all down I'm going to get a weber cam, hi comp piston bored over, hd valves and springs. it's go big or go home lol. atleast as much you can do to a warriors engine. I still haven't told the old lady yet. I'm a little hesitant since I just got the bike lol.

2detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Sun May 15, 2011 4:27 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Are you asking if you can bore out the cylinder or actually plane the head? If it is too jacked up I would just get a different one, especially if you are going to put all those goodies up top. Get yours bored and honed and sell it on EBAY then buy a new one or one that is already set up to the specs you want.

3detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Sun May 15, 2011 9:55 am

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

just the head was effected. the cylinder is fine. but of course it will need bored and honed.

4detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

LT_RON

LT_RON

depends on how bad the head is alot of guys porting a 4 stroke head will clean the combustion chamber up some to help it flow
Take some pics

5detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Mon May 16, 2011 4:23 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Yeah if you are going to keep it you have a couple options, get it planed and fixed or have a performance shop work on it, expensive option but you know what you are starting with that way I guess

6detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Mon May 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

well I don't want to put alot of money into since it is a warrior and the resale value dose't get over 2,000$.

7detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Tue May 17, 2011 6:42 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Yeah I hear that, maybe just buy a used head on ebay?

8detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Tue May 17, 2011 6:49 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Hey Nick can you post some pics of the piston and head?

Also check out this link, its a whole page explaining detonation in engines, I know you know what it is but I thought it was interesting so I'd share.

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/wrenching-with-robchemical-soup-the-mystery-of-detonation-3420.htm

9detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Tue May 17, 2011 10:56 am

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

thanks geoff

10detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

well the engine is going to H&H this weekend. hopefully I won't have to pay a arm and a leg.

11detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Thu May 19, 2011 5:27 pm

bryan

bryan

Good Luck Nick!

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

12detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 pm

geteminline

geteminline

Keep us updated. I have been waiting on that ride invite!

13detonation- great!   Empty Re: detonation- great! Mon May 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

yeah we've been planning a ride for awhile. everytime i get a chance something happens to my quads. hopefully I will be hearing from H&H soon and then I can get the bike back together and go riding.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum