You are not connected. Please login or register

Jetting for colorado?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jetting for colorado? on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:17 am

I am heading out to colorado to taylor park in a couple weeks anybody have any insite on jetting or anything else i should be aware of please let me know. Also if anyone is interested let me know we are going the 20th through the 25th

Thanks Ryan

View user profile

2 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I took my KTM 200 to Rampart and didn't change a thing on the bike.It ran ok but my left foot was wore out from shifting.LOL But the elevation at Taylor park is higher I think.You might have to rejet your carb.Bikejunkie is going there next year,he might have some insight on elevations.Make sure you have trail maps and a compass(gps).Keep yourself hydrated.Don't ride alone ! Have fun

View user profile

3 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:23 pm

bryan

AMEN on the don't ride alone. My 13 year old (Honda_Guys; aka Bryce) was riding with me on May 01, 2010 whenever I had my wreck. I just told him to back up to the seat with his butt, grab the seat with his hand as stand the bike up as I stood up at the same time. He was my knight in shining armour and it was awesome. THANK YOU SON!!!!...

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

4 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up waj30. I did some searching and this is what I found:
Main 175
Needle 1369N 3rd clip
Pilot 40
AS 1 1/2 out
If anyone has any comments about what could/would work better le me know.

View user profile

5 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:46 pm

I just got back from a CO trip and we didn't mess with the jetting at all on our bikes. We rode all the way to 12,800 ft one trip. My bike is a CRF250 and my cousin has a yz250f, so I'm not sure how the 2 strokes will handle it. I think the 4 strokes take the alt a little better than the 2 strokes though. My '04 was struggling at times when we were way up, but i got used to keeping the speed and rpms up so it got me everywhere i needed to go. My cousin's '08 didn't seem to be hardly affected at all, it was running at about 90+% the whole time on stock jetting. The more i kept reading about jetting adjustments, the more confused and turned around i got so i didn't mess with it. Next time I head out there, I'll either have a bigger bike lol, or make arangements to have a local Denver shop do what they recommend. You could probably call a shop out there and just ask them what jets to switch out.

Have fun out there! I'm so jealous you're going to Taylor Park.

View user profile

6 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Thanks for letting me know and yea I have read a lot and it seems like every jetting has a down fall out there, but I think I am just gonna take a few out there and play with it. Thanks its my first trip out there and Ihave heard a lot of good things about Taylor Park

View user profile

7 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:26 am

bryan

Ride Safe and have fun!

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

8 Re: Jetting for colorado? on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 am

seadog37

Dirt trax tv was there recently and said to go down by one size on carb bikes and you should be ok. said nothing about adjusting the mix screw.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum