You are not connected. Please login or register

Rode Perry lake 5/09

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Mon May 10, 2010 12:10 am

seadog37

Rode Perry today with my son and had a great day.Just a note if you are going in on the turnpike take exit 197 turn right and the road will tee go left stay there it will turn into rd 1029, at the tee with the school go left. At the gas station a mile or so up go right take it to damn store then take left and you will see sign to go left at atv area. You can get off at exit 204 when it opens but will take you longer. Exit 202 go to stop light take right at stop sign go right its Iowa street will turn into highway then rd 1029 and follow other directions as it will be same road as taking exit 197.
Never had been there befor but am ready to go back. Checked out the camping areas too. Think if go and camp will stay at rock creek area and tent it. The state park wants you to buy permit just to drive through on top of camping fees each day. I can get hotel for those prices just about. Had good smiles as watched a dad and his young boy maybe 5 ride today. The boy was riding a mini yamaha and dad was riding a mini 4 wheeler. The boy was fearless and headed down the big boy trails. It looked like a mini me years ago only I never had all the stuff he wore. I had a helmet.

View user profile

2 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Mon May 10, 2010 1:09 pm

bryan

Yeah,
Perry is definately a good time too!

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

3 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 pm

I haven't been for a few years but I miss it. Might go this year.

View user profile

4 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:33 am

I justrode perry yesterday for the first time and had a blast.

View user profile

5 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 am

seadog37

Good place to ride Travis. I'm ready to go back.

View user profile

6 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 am

bryan

Perry has a good variety of riding area and it's is reasonably close too!

7 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 am

seadog37

Went to Perry again today 7/22/10 Took my other son and yeah this is to much for him. when you go through the gates and take a right we took the easy trail that goes along the fence wasn't vry far down and I look back and hes on the bank with the 4 wheeler in the air on his leg. We get into the woods and I have to keep getting on his to get it out of a few rocks and such. finally frustrated I just had him ride the top area. Wore myself out and had to take nap when got home. Found out from St.joe take 59 take lot less time.

View user profile

8 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:20 am

bryan

Sounds like overall you had a good time seadog37. My youngest started riding at age 5 and they do get better with age.....LOL......My 26 year old was climbing stuff in Oklahoma that I didn't too!

9 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:26 pm

seadog37 wrote:Went to Perry again today 7/22/10 Took my other son and yeah this is to much for him. when you go through the gates and take a right we took the easy trail that goes along the fence wasn't vry far down and I look back and hes on the bank with the 4 wheeler in the air on his leg. We get into the woods and I have to keep getting on his to get it out of a few rocks and such. finally frustrated I just had him ride the top area. Wore myself out and had to take nap when got home. Found out from St.joe take 59 take lot less time.
after my nephue and his kids leave in about a week you can get with me. i would let you ride now but there is four little kids around age 5. and we only have two four wheelers for the kids and five adults two ride its just a hand full.
our place is 8 acres of trails running every direction, theres one big main high speed trail around the outside with seveal that criss cross back and fourth, there is even some that runs up threw a ditch covered with trees, it even has lots of mud with with a spring fed creek flowing threw it.
Our place can handle about eight quads with out getting too crowded. Its even on a dead end road right here in St Joe. It would be great for your little one to learn on. Give me a call in a week or two and we can get together for a ride.

View user profile

10 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:30 pm

my number is 816 351 9715

View user profile

11 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:03 pm

seadog37

Thanks for the invite Mudryder. I'll have to do that. Thanks Greg

View user profile

12 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:00 am

bryan

Oh Yeah, this club is great for hooking up with other people for sure!

13 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 am

seadog37

Rode with Jodie at Perry today. We talked more than we rode but it was a great time and wouldn't have missed it for the world . Every day is a good day when you straddle the ride.

View user profile

14 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:47 am

I need to learn to put a nice size stick wedged in my front bumper to knock down spider webs, instead of letting them hang down in front of my face on my helmet.............

View user profile

15 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:36 am

bryan

That is awesome. Glad to hear that you both had a safe and good time too!

16 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 pm

seadog37

Going to Perry this morning if you are able to get out and ride Be there I should be there around 10 am.

View user profile

17 Re: Rode Perry lake 5/09 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:06 pm

seadog37

Rode Perry with a friend had a good time. Did find out that my ride can take out a tree. Backed into a big mud hole and was sinking fast on one side hit the 4wd and forward gear stood on the side floorboard and out it came, was letting it roll to a stop which I thought would bump the tree in front(5 inches across or so). Took the tree off at the ground which left me lookin for a way to get out of the way of falling tree. It came down straight over handle bars and seat and broke into many pieces as it was a dead tree. 4 wheeler no worse for wear and left my friend and I laughing out buts off. While we were getting ready to leave a guy stopped by and gave me a flyer about an up coming event. Its called the Tuff atv challenge on the 26th of September. Its a timed obsticle course with mud pit. One atv at a time.Free primitive camping. Must have helmet and at least boots over the ankles. Gate opens at 12 on Saturday. $5 gate for Sat and for Sun or $8 for the weekend. Sat. is practice and open trail riding. Race entry is $30 bucks but if a few Mokan riders go he said to mention at gate and he'll lower to $25. Several classes and 1st pays $50, 2nd $30, and 3rd $20. His name is Perry Keegan and can be reached1-913-220-0842 or he has info on Kansaspowersports.com. If you want more info off flyer give me a buzz. I have to work or I'd go. Looks like its south between Lawerence and Topeka.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum