Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEED HELP LOOK

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NEED HELP LOOK Empty NEED HELP LOOK Mon May 03, 2010 2:03 pm

the drain plug for the oil on my 98 mojave is strip the treads them self so the plug wont get tight and my kawasaki dealer dont have the right size tap to do it for me does anyone have any ideas on what I could do...

2NEED HELP LOOK Empty Re: NEED HELP LOOK Mon May 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

I think you should be able to buy a tool that will thread it and you might just have to buy a bigger bolt or drain plug that fits

3NEED HELP LOOK Empty Re: NEED HELP LOOK Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 pm

thats what I was thinking but I dont no where I could get another bolt like it because there specielly made to take the tempearter of the oil.

4NEED HELP LOOK Empty Re: NEED HELP LOOK Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm

macdiesel

macdiesel

you can get a ton of different size bolts magnetic even on e bay, and any stainless high grade hardened bolt can take the temp, also try a broken sparkplug that will sometimes work just use lots of plumbers tape if you go that route

5NEED HELP LOOK Empty Re: NEED HELP LOOK Mon May 03, 2010 9:41 pm

what do you mean use the spark plug has the oil plug with plumbers tape?

6NEED HELP LOOK Empty Re: NEED HELP LOOK Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Ruizracing

Ruizracing

I would just get the size and got a hardware store and get a bolt and buy a copper washer, because if I remember correctly most drain plugs have them on there and use plumbers tape or hi temp gasket sealer to be safe. If your not sure just call a atv shop and they can give the info to you and ask them what route you should go

7NEED HELP LOOK Empty Re: NEED HELP LOOK Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 am

well I got it in the shop and I get it back today so will see what happens lol...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum