Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:55 am

seadog37

seadog37

Had a great time at Finger lakes . Took a buddy and his son. They got their eyes opened to how many trails and types of riding there is there. I think his son did better than him. I had to pull him out on just a rutty trail . His son sunk in the mud and I got to wench him out. I must be getting old but I became a fan of the automatic and 4 wheel drive atv today and don't care if I ride anything else from here out. First time I got my new one out and just loved it. It may not go 90 but it went where I pointed and then if the going got tough pushed the button and away we go. By 4:30 everyone was pretty beat so we loaded and headed home. I noticed that they had dozed and changed some of the areas a little. Was a great time. Ready to go again. Looks like they missed a lot of the rain we got the other night was much dryer than my yard and the last time that I was there. Still had some large mud holes though. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

2Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:37 am

bryan

bryan

Sounds like a great day of riding.

Thanks for the update as well!

Hoping that rain toward the end of next week holds out though.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

3Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

any day you come home in riding with a smile on your face is a good day, thanks for sharing your story and bragging about riding while I worked though lol

4Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:27 am

seadog37

seadog37

Usually I'm the one thats works while everyone else is riding. I don't feel guilty though it was a great day.

5Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:03 am

Lamps3

Greg,
The last time I was at Finger Lakes was TWENTY TWO YEARS AGO!!! My wife and I were dating and camped out there for the weekend. I have a couple of questions for you. One is there still camping aloud? Two have the camping sites been improved any? Last time we just roughed it and did not worry about the site. Three is the trails marked kind of like Chadwick, from easiest to hardest? Four are they 2 way trails or looped? Five are the camp sites pull through or not?
Sorry for all of the questions, its just that we were considering going there this summer and riding again!! Just want to be prepared for the Camping/Riding area!

Thanks,

Rickey

6Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:21 am

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

I can answer theses, i go there 3 or 4 times a year..........Yes they are very nice camp grounds, hot and cold showers, nice bathrooms. the trails are not marked, but there are plenty of them, not as much as at chadwick, trails not sure what your meaning looped , they do have one main trail down the middle that is wide, and no the camping spots are not pull thru, but they do have ones for tent, electric, and water, heres there web site..www.mostateparks.com/fingerlakes/trails.htm

7Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 am

seadog37

seadog37

Jodie beat me to the reply but he said it all.

8Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

seadog37

seadog37

Geoff I'll ride all day when its hot, just take plenty to drink and take rest breaks.

9Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Lamps3

THANKS, for the information Jodster I do appreciate it. We got the last reservation for Memorial day weekend there at good ole Finger Lakes. Looking at possibly going on Labor Day weekend too if we like what we see and experience. Hope to have a Great weekend next month.

Rickey

10Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:02 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

yea the tricky part with finger lake, you will see a mud hole and think nothing of it, then find out its really deep, but then see another be shy of it and its not deep at all, there is some awesome hil climbs there, I always enjoy myself there when riding, I am interested in going Labor day, I just need it to be closer before I say Yes, lol I will be there May 15th, was supposed to gone last week, but did not make it. Just depends if i am still unemployed and if i have any Money or not......

11Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Empty Re: Rode Finger Lakes on Saturday 4-17 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Lamps3

Sounds just like Deepwater as for the shallow and deep mud holes. I hope we like it next month when we visit it. Hoping to like it then will make reservations for Labor Day! Hope you get to ride on the 15th. Everyone should ride, and soon!!

Rickey

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum