Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone have the know how

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Does anyone have the know how Empty Does anyone have the know how Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

Looking to see if anyone in the group has the know how to wire an enclosed trailer with plugins, and also with lights, and also run wire for the future for an A/C unit ? I will want it where i can pull into a camping spot with electricity and i can plug in to my trailer which goes into a fuse box then on to the differnt places. I also am going to have it with a diff. light switch that will run a diff. set of lights that run off a battery on the trailer and when i am plugged in it charges it up off my truck. Also going to have a electric fan in the upper vent ran off the battery. Well just needing pointed in the right direction and i have no problem helping who ever, any way let me know thanks so much

2Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

bryan

bryan

Jodie,
I can probably help you out with the components (ie; breaker box, wiring, plug-ins, etc.). However, I will have to buy double of everything as I want to set up my trailer the same too!!!....LOL

As far as the charging the battery off of your truck, there is a trailer place over off of 291 & 23rd Street where I bought my enclosed trailer that could do that for you. Just not sure how much you are wanting to spend on it right now though!

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

3Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

I like to get phase one fuse box 2 fuses one for future A/C, the other for tube lights and 4 plug ins, then a on/off switch for the lights. right now there is a light or 2 that supposed to run off a battery, i just do not think its hooked up.

4Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:53 am

bryan

bryan

Jodie,
We need to just sit down and determine the actual voltage, amps and nuber of circuits (ie; ac/heater unit, # of outlets, # of lights, etc.). From this, I will develope a load center diagram and can order the unit either from a local supply house here in the Kansas City area or I can group it together with some of our Applebee's chef's counters and order it from a company out of Florida. On the smaller panels, we typically go with a Square "D" QO series box with grounding bar. We will need to determine how you are going to mount the unit to determine if you will want a flush mount or a surface mount box cover. We can order the box with a few extra spare slots in order to allow for additional expansion at a later date if required.

5Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:40 am

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

ok, sounds cool

6Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 am

bryan

bryan

Did I mention that I am not an electrician.....LOL

7Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

lol, some i know but i know most is common sense, lol

8Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:44 am

bryan

bryan

I do know that if you do it wrong, it will either shock you or cost you a lot of money....LOL.........The 120v evaporator fan motors that we use in our custom fabricated refrgierated bases here at work will run really fast if you put 208v to them. But, just for a little bit fore they start smoking....LOL

9Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

well i am looking at getting a maxx air that fits over the vent i have now and has a 12v fan in it so even if it was raining, i can open my vent and turn it on to get fresh air, i thought that was nifty, lol

10Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:50 pm

bryan

bryan

That sounds pretty nifty Jodie!

11Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Swiper77

Swiper77

Since the plug in at campsites are fused for 30 - 50 amps running a QO panel would be overkill. Unless you can get a really good deal i would just put in a double pole pull box with dual 25 or 30 amp screw in fuses. Most electrician would give you these if not look for someone with an abandon house that needs tore down or you could buy a small distribution panel and rig up components.

12Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:38 am

bryan

bryan

Yes, that would work also Swiper77.

The only problem would be that if you would happen to blow a fuse at wee hours of the morning and didn't have any spare with you versus just flipping a breaker and being done with it.

13Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:59 am

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

well i have a small breaker box, and it is made for 2 breakers, which i have also 1 40amp, 1 30 amp. would they work, like i said i was wanting one to go to the air condtioner (future) the other to take on 4 or 5 plug ins, and 2 florescent lights. i doubt i will ever have a micro wave in it (to me thats just not camping), but i do have a hot plated i could use say if its raining no fire then i could do breakfast , lol

14Does anyone have the know how Empty Re: Does anyone have the know how Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 am

Swiper77

Swiper77

If you come up with the load rating of everything you want, I can try to design you the cheapest the wire will be your biggest expense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum