Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do YOU CCW?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do YOU CCW? Empty Do YOU CCW? Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

I know its kinda taking the concealed part out of CCW but was wondering how many of our members have their concealed carry permits? I was thinking of doing a class this spring or summer where club members and spouses could attend for a cheap class, I will keep you all updated on the Kansas licensing, I do have my name on a "waiting list" for a " teach the teacher" in order to instruct Kansas classes and as soon as that happens I will take care of you Kansas peeps but for now I only do Missouri classes.

So if you dont want to say you are CCW that is fine lol, just wondering how many members have it. Also if you would be interested in a club member CCW class post on here as well.

2Do YOU CCW? Empty Re: Do YOU CCW? Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:41 pm

bryan

bryan

I just renewed my CCW this morning and am set for another 3 years here!

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

3Do YOU CCW? Empty Re: Do YOU CCW? Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

me and my son are both intrested in a class. i need to get a real gun first. i dont think my cap and ball revolver would be good for it though.but it gets the point across even with out firing a shot. just cant seem to get it in my pocket.

4Do YOU CCW? Empty Re: Do YOU CCW? Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

mudryder_68 wrote:me and my son are both intrested in a class. i need to get a real gun first. i dont think my cap and ball revolver would be good for it though.but it gets the point across even with out firing a shot. just cant seem to get it in my pocket.

I have guns you can use during the class, you can shoot a few of mine to see what kind of gun you would be interested in buying. I usually bring 8-10 pistols to my classes bounce

5Do YOU CCW? Empty Re: Do YOU CCW? Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

bryan wrote:I just renewed my CCW this morning and am set for another 3 years here!
I have not had to mess with Missouri Renewal yet but I hear it is pretty simple, just a background check and the fee right? did you have to be fingerprinted again?

6Do YOU CCW? Empty Re: Do YOU CCW? Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:11 am

bryan

bryan

Well, the renewal process is pretty much painless. I found the information online with the local Sherriff's office that outlined the process of which made it pretty easy. Went to their office during the hours posted, showed them my Drivers License w/CCW Endorsement, gave them a check for $50.00. They gave me one piece of paper back that I had to wait until the License Bureau opened the next day (You have like 7-10 days) to actually go to get it renewed after you go to the Sherriff's office though. Many people opt to have a state issued ID in lieu of having it put on their drivers license as the CCW is only good for 3 years and the current drivers license is good for 5 years. However, I was able to renew both at the same time. Of course, I had to take the vision and road sign test for the drivers license purpose.

No fingerprinting or anything like that was required in Jackson County, MO for the renewal process.

The License Bureau also sent me a notification in the mail letting me know that my CCW Endorsement was going to expire. I am not sure if they will do this if you have it put on a state ID or not though!.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

7Do YOU CCW? Empty Re: Do YOU CCW? Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Yeah you have 7 days after the Sheriff gives you the paperwork. If you do the non drivers license it is better for a few reasons, the main reason being it allows your Concealed Carry Status to remain concealed, when a clerk at a gas station, bank, or whatever other place ID's you they will see the CCW on your drivers license. When the police run your drivers license it comes back that you are a CCW holder even if you do not hand them the separate card so no worries there, you are not "required" to tell the officer stopping you that you are carrying or a CCW holder but it definitely makes it more stress free since you were honest, it also prevents you from being accidentally shot or arrested by the officer thinking you were going for a gun when he spots it while moving your shirt or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum