Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carl aka King 700

+13
jjodsteer
816rider
zracer16
chrisgyfz450
1MollieEades4
bansheefreak
mudryder_68
BikeJunkie
Administrator
Shyray2006
bryan
BIG DADDY 250
Queen 700
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Carl aka King 700 Empty Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 am

Queen 700

Queen 700

Ok I figured u all would want to know what we found out.He does have cancer,it is called hodgkins disease,he will be going back to the cancer center on wed to get an echocardiogram to make sure his heart can handle the chemo,he will be having another small surgery on the 16th to place a tube thing in his shoulder so it will be easier for them to give him the chemo.His insicion from his first surgery is trying to get infected so he is now on antibiotics.They are also going to do a pet scan where they scan his whole body to find out if it is in all his lymph nodes,the cancer doctor thinks it is but we will wait to find out.after all these tests within the next week he will start chemo.He will have to have chemo up to 6 months,every 2 weeks to start.
Thank you all for your thoughts and I will try to keep you updated on his progress,there is a 90% cure rate but I am worried about the other 10%.
Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim aka Queen 700

2Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:44 am

BIG DADDY 250

carl is stromg he will pull through my and donnas pryers are still with you and your family kim please keep me updated tell him im thinking of him and praying for you all

3Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:32 am

bryan

bryan

Kim,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are in Independence as well. So, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to give me a call (816) 739-6740.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

4Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 am

Shyray2006

Shyray2006

Kim thank you so much for letting us know whats going on!! I know you guys will pull through and besides Carl has many many raffle drawings to win ahead of him Wink
If you guys need anything don't be afraid to ask...there is a great bunch of people on here!!

http://shysnaturalcandles.weebly.com

5Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm

My prayers go out to you and your family. Not to sound like a broken record but if you need anything let us know. I know if you did you would have a group of us at your door ready to help.

6Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks for the heads up Kim, we are here if you need us.

I know you are worried about the 10% as any normal person would be, I do see patients quite a bit that have cancer in just about every part of their body and I will tell you this, if there were a cancer that was " easy " to get rid of it would be Hodgkins. There is definitely some treatments involved and it is hard but if he can keep up his spirits and just know that he will beat this then he will be back at it in no time. He is a big ol strong guy, no problem beating this.

Thanks for the update and please post if you need anything.

7Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:57 pm

BikeJunkie

BikeJunkie

My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.

8Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:19 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

my father had cancer and if i learned anything it was that you need to keep your friends and family close and to try and keep strong and you will pull threw just fine.

9Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 pm

bansheefreak

get well carl.. your in me and my familys thoughts.. hope to get to ride together sometime next summer...

10Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:48 pm

get well soon you and the family are in our prayers

11Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

1MollieEades4

1MollieEades4

carl, ur gonna get through this and you know how i know this? because carl, ur a carl and carls can make it through anything!!!!!

12Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:39 pm

bryan

bryan

Hope all is well Kim & Carl,
Our thoughts & prayers go out to you and you family!!!

13Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:02 pm

chrisgyfz450

chrisgyfz450

he is having surgery on monday to put the port in his shoulder so it will be easier to give him chemo.
he had his echo cardiogram and pet scan on wed. we are waiting to see if it is phase 1 or the worst phase 4

14Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:12 am

bryan

bryan

Thanks for the update Chris.

We are still praying for your dad and family on a daily basis.

Please, do not hesitate to call me if we can do anything!

15Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:39 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks for the update Chris, he is in our thoughts. The big guy will be back to normal in no time

16Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 am

zracer16

zracer16

I only met Carl once, but I already consider him a good friend, My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

17Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 am

816rider

my prayers are with you and your family

18Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Queen 700

Queen 700

Thanks guys,here is the latest update,had the port put in today then the doctor wanted an ultrasound of his left leg cause it has been swollen since they took out the lymph node,they thought there was a blood clot but they could not find one,they are saying the other nodes in his leg are swelling so that is putting pressure on the blood veins.hopefully they will start chemo soon so maybe he wont be in so much pain.I will keep you all updated but if i get to be too much of a pain please tell me and i will cool it.
Thanks

19Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:48 pm

jjodsteer

jjodsteer

No pain at all Queen, we want to know, we care. Thanks for the update

20Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 am

bryan

bryan

Kim,
Please keep the updates coming, we really appreciate you keeing us all in the loop. You and your family has been here and done a lot for MOKAN. The least that we can do is be there for you and your family as well.

Sincerely,

Bryan

21Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 am

Administrator

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Kim, keeping us updated is not a bother whatsoever, Carl is a member of the Mokan Family and so is the rest of your family. We are a family oriented club and we all consider each-other good friends.

Keep us updated for sure and if you need anything, I dont care if its a gallon of milk, you post and we will get someone to pick it up. We want to help the big guy through this so we can see him next spring at the rides.

We will continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers and you take care of that big guy.

22Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 am

cruzltz400

cruzltz400

Havent been on here in awhile and just read the post. Ive never met Carl but spoke to him over the phone once or twice. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you Carl, Queen and the rest of your family. Keep us posted n God Bless

23Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:43 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

Kim sometimes it helps to just talk so keep posting. you know we're here for you.

24Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:39 am

You are in no way bothering us by giving us updates. If there were anybody who was bothered they dont belong in the MOKAN family. Im sure everyone would agree with me on this. Keep us updated and keep your head high. Stay positive and be strong for your family. As Geoff said, it doesnt matter what it is, if you need it someone will be there to help. Take care and our prayers are with you.

25Carl aka King 700 Empty Re: Carl aka King 700 Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:36 am

Queen 700

Queen 700

we are sitting out here at the cancer center for the second day in a row.he is getting the whole thing today,we will be here till atleast 5 or so.he got part of it yesterday but nothing compared to today,so far so good.bridgette and chris will be at home tonite watching him cause i got called into work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum