Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 stroke muffler packing?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

14 stroke muffler packing? Empty 4 stroke muffler packing? Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:06 pm

maxmedic

Hey guys I just bought a pit bike 110cc to mess around in the back yard on, its a couple of years old and its really loud. I was wondering if repacking the silencer would help quiet it down a bit and if regular fiberglass insulation from the local hardware store would work and hold up alright? Any input would be much appreciated.......thanks. ps. Its a 4 stroke.

24 stroke muffler packing? Empty Re: 4 stroke muffler packing? Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

top1banshee

top1banshee

I dont think it will hold up very good
I may have some left over from my street bike porject that was in the muffler That I cut down Ill have to check

34 stroke muffler packing? Empty Re: 4 stroke muffler packing? Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:27 pm

mudryder_68

mudryder_68

i tried home fiber glass once, it worked for a short bit(like two days). but then the fiber burned and plugged the exhaust, wasnt fun digging it back out.

44 stroke muffler packing? Empty Re: 4 stroke muffler packing? Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

I bet you could buy a bag from some place like rocky mountain or charrperal for little or nothing..

54 stroke muffler packing? Empty Re: 4 stroke muffler packing? Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:53 pm

maxmedic

alright just got off the phone with the local dealership, I can pick me up a bag of packing for 10 bucks, (didn't think it would be that cheap). Thanks everyone for the replys.

64 stroke muffler packing? Empty Re: 4 stroke muffler packing? Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Gsgrisso

Gsgrisso

Thats what we are here for, to help each other out....

74 stroke muffler packing? Empty Re: 4 stroke muffler packing? Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:20 am

cody_icke

id use the fmf power core packing its alredy in the round shape unlike the the moose or other brands that you gotta stuff in by the hand full the fmf stuff is a little tighter nit and you just wrap it around the perferated core of your pipe and then slide her back together much more simple than packing hand fulls of the other stuff

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum