Mokan Riders Offroad Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

St Joe State Park

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1St Joe State Park Empty St Joe State Park Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Lamps3

Had a GREAT TIME!!!!! Would go back tommorrow. The weather was great, the riding was tough if you took the wrong trails and got yourself lost. The Trailings (sand) was great as you could just blast as fast as you wanted and for as long as you wanted, miles even if you wanted to. Again there was lots of rock on the trail to and from the riding area. Other than that though it was fantastic. They have and atv wash, a swim beach, great facilities with warm water for showers. Park rangers who were on there toes. You could ride from 7am to 8pm everyday. I would recommend though that you obtain a toy hauler or camper to come down and stay the night. It will make things much easier as after riding for 7 hours a day you want things easy when you get back to camp. Turn on the oven, microwave, cook and eat kind of stuff. Plus lots of cold beer to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Sleeping in a tent stinks. Air mattress or not, stll rough on ya. Only bad thing is that you have to drive so far to get to St Joe. 4 1/2 hours back, 5 hours there. Long drives. We took friday off, drove down, rode for about 4 hours the first night. Then the next day took and rode for 7 hours, went swimming then went and rode until dark. Had to turn overs, one for me, and one for my son. Definently have to come back and ride again. Hopefully when it is cooler. Better yet maybe stay at a hotel and just be a day rider. That might be better until we get a toy hauler. Anyway we really had a wonderful time and ready to go back. We are envious of the people who live close buy and can ride there all the time.

Rickey

2St Joe State Park Empty Re: St Joe State Park Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:12 pm

bryan

bryan

I have heard a lot of great things about St Joe State Park. My son is always wanting to go and ride Flat Nasty. But, we just have had so many other rides and things going on that we have not made it there yet. Would enjoy getting together sometime and setting up a planned trip down there with some other people though.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanweirich

Lamps3

Bryan I would love to go back this year but they have a waiting list for the camping spots. I was thinking about getting a hotel/motel and going there for a day trip. It only costs 5 bucks each everyday to ride. The hotel rooms would be a welcome addition unless of course you have a toy hauler. We do not have one. Plus you have the drive of 4 and half to five hours one way. You have to make it worth your while to go. September is upon us and I dont know how many more riding days there are going to be.

Rickey

4St Joe State Park Empty Re: St Joe State Park Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:03 am

bryan

bryan

Yeah I hear you about it already being September too Rickey. I have just found out that they have moved our Boy Scout campout from the 3rd weekend to the 2nd weekend of which really bites, because we will not be able to make it down to your house now and I have something planned with the wife the last weekend of September. However, October is wide open as of now. Perhaps we will get good enough weather that we can still make it the first part or something!

5St Joe State Park Empty Re: St Joe State Park Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Lamps3

Let me check and see what the State Parks camping is like in October. ILL have to get back to you to check on it. I dont know if ILL be able to take off on a friday again and drive down there. If I can I will, I really enjoyed going. Have to check with my wife also see if she has and PTO. We would really like to get in another weekend of riding. What about you, can you get time off to ride in October? Just a thought as we are booked up pretty solid here this month. We also have an event to go to at the end of the month. I dont know if we will make it or not. Kinda of waiting to see if Geoff is going to have a ride that we can go to. Then we could meet everyone, and they could meet us!

Rickey

6St Joe State Park Empty Re: St Joe State Park Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 pm

bryan

bryan

Yeah,
I am taking on Sept 25 for a couples outing with the wife. I also have to take off another day somewhere toward the end of Sept or first of Oct to close on a couple more lake lots that I am buying. So, we will have to just wait and see how it all plays out as the time gets a little closer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum